Monday, July 13, 2009

Who the heck is Judy Cangemi?


There is no short answer to that question. How an anyone sum up who they are in 500 words or less? Let me tell you what's most relevent about me right now.


I am in my late 30s and life has lead me to a place of freedom and self-discovery, although not voluntarily. After nearly seven years as the Business Manager of a successful real estate team in Queens (not quite as finaincially successful as I believed it to be, as it turned out), I became the latest victim of today's economy; I was laid off. I don't like being a victim of anything (and tell me, who does), so after I was done crying, wondering what I could have done differently and generally feeling sorry for myself, I realized there was nothing I could have done then or do now to change the things that already occurred and I decided to turn things around.


I am powerless over the economy. I have no nation-scale solutions there. If I did, I think Opportunity in the form of Mr. Obama might be knocking at my door. What I can change is ME. Instead of being a victim of the economy, it is my mission affect my own destiny. At times it is frightening. More often, it is wonderous. Will the things I try work or will I fall on my face? I don't know. What I do know is that I am in charge of my own life. That is not to say that I am alone in the world. Not by a long shot. Join me on this journey through this blog. Chime in whenever you feel like it. I can use all the help being offered out there.


Namaste,

Judy

1 comment:

  1. Judy,

    I very much enjoyed your first entry and look forward to more. I think many people have to be thinking in the same wavelenght.

    Besos,
    P

    ReplyDelete